Who we are:
With work and in life, it’s important to find that careful balance between being challenged and being happy. At Fpweb.net, we embrace our jobs as an inspired outlet for our next great idea, a place to excel, a powerhouse for our creativity. We’re excited about showing up for work in the morning.
Since 1996, CEO Rob LaMear IV has built this company around quality, imaginative workers. Engineers, Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing teams all driven by a passion for their industry. All of Fpweb.net’s teams are located centrally under one roof in Fenton, Mo.
Our workplace is run as a R.O.W.E. We don’t let the atmosphere get bogged down by policies or rules. We want you to be comfortable and free to work at your highest caliber. Performance is judged by… performance! Not sick days or late hours. We’re proud of the fact that we’re chasing the title for #1 Place to Work in St. Louis and we’re doing it by surrounding ourselves with outstanding people.
What We Need:
On top of having half the letters of the alphabet in your title, we need a Senior SQL Administrator who can diligently monitor, maintain and update SQL Clusters within a 24 X 7 Production environment. This person will own, track and resolve database related incidents and requests while meeting SLA requirements. They will also review service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis and respond to database related alerts and escalations while working with engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
You'll develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas, and accordingly, you'll also develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Experience working in virtualized SQL environments
- Identify ways to improve operations, increase stability and uptime, gain efficiency and fix lingering issues
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience in SQL Server best practices from a security and configuration standpoint
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of SQL clustering, Always On and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
Windows Server Administration Responsibilities
- Implement, support, and maintain 24x7 services, serving as one of the higher levels of escalation for server issues
- Assist with the configuration and management of Windows Updates on both physical and virtual servers using SCCM
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated application, operating system and hardware issues.
- Perform moves/migrations of customer data and applications of SQL
- Provide timely updates on escalated issues to both management and clients
- Provide documentation on installation and configuration procedures
- Be able to participate in multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Perform virtual server deployments and host server management
- Assist with the Configuration and management of Windows Updates on both physical and virtual servers using SCCM
- Configure and monitor Windows failover & SQL clustering
What You Need:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 7-10 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 5+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience, including SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding organizational skills required
- Troubleshooting skills and experience required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP, MCSE
What We Give
Here’s the other great part of being on our team: We pay well! We care about our employees and while they’re taking care of the company, we want to take care of them. On top of our strong benefits package, we offer a retirement plan and Gold’s Gym membership for good measure. We don’t track your vacation or sick days. If you need a day, take it. We’re a relatively small team so you’ll actually have a say in how things are done here. We provide you the environment to perform at your best and excel at your career!