Back to job openings
Vice President, Sales
August 13, 2015
The Vice President of Sales manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting, management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting/selecting more sales force talent. This position is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization and works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are achieved within the sales organization.
- Develops and manages sales operating budget
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Represents company at trade shows /conferences to promote product
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative(s) with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Liaison between Business Development Team and other sales-related units
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and other sales activities
- Formulates strategic direction for company-wide policies and initiatives as a member of Leadership
- Works with CEO on hiring, training of personnel involved in Sales
- As member of Leadership team, helps directs company to achieve objectives established in the roadmap
- Assists in resolving any ongoing technical issues with the customer as needed
Experience, education and knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales or Business preferred with additional weight given to specific sales training; i.e. Miller Heiman or Asher sales training.
- Technical training and certification preferred
- Must have a good understanding of virtualization and server architecture
- Microsoft licensing knowledge a plus.
- Minimum of five years related managerial and consultative sales experience
- Experience selling managed services and/or consulting
- 3 years previous experience with selling IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS solutions
- Experience calling on Major Accounts and National Accounts selling complex solutions
- Demonstrated in-depth sales techniques and financial principles
- Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal and external customers
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of sales and technical personnel
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Experienced negotiator, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skill
- Well versed in technologies surrounding the hosting industry
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, qualifying, creating value-based demonstrations, ability to write and direct proposal preparation
- Experienced in objection handling and negotiating
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to assemble additional technical assistance as required
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows platform
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Lync
- HubSpot or other CRM
- Intranets, Extranets, and Public Facing Websites
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Server hardware and architecture
Will need to complete Microsoft licensing and sales training within 90 days of hire
On-The-Job Training Time:
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Will need to stand for long hours while working at conferences and manning the Fpweb.net booth.
Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Primarily normal office conditions; occasional exposure to weather conditions, dirt, dust, noise and physical hazards. The noise level is usually moderate. This position requires approximately 25% travel.
Driving personally owned vehicles commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
It is the policy of Fpweb.net LC that employees who drive their personal vehicles for company purposes and who average over 250 miles per month are required to have a valid state driver's license and carry adequate auto insurance coverage and limits determined by our insurance carrier. At a minimum, drivers must have $100,000/300,000/100,000 coverage. A copy of the employee's insurance card and verification of proper limits will be obtained annually.
Please fill out the form below to apply