What is SaaS?
By definition, Software as a Service (SaaS) is an application hosted via the Internet and accessed remotely, usually using a Web browser.
The Unfair Advantage of On-Demand SaaS Solutions from Fpweb.net
(vs. purchasing and hosting your own On Premise applications)
All data, including the application itself, is stored and hosted from a centralized location. This model removes the burden of maintenance, support, software license upgrades and equipment from the end users.
Typically, SaaS Providers - such as Fpweb.net - provide Microsoft® Software as a Service on a subscription basis, along with Support, ongoing maintenance and professional advertisement-free hosting. Fpweb.net also guarantees strict hosting compliance standards are sustained to ensure specific business-critical needs for security and uptime are met.
Fpweb.net offers Microsoft® application hosting that provides the following added benefits over hosting software on your own servers:
- Solutions are housed in state-of-the-art hosting data centers
- Secure, SSAE 16 SOC I environments that stand up to even the most rigid compliance standards your business-critical data demands.
- Always receive the latest updates
- As soon as software or firmware updates become available, Your dedicated support team will promptly upgrade your SaaS solution.
- Eliminate the need for in-house hardware, software licenses and IT personnel to maintain your solution. With SaaS, you will always pay the same, flat monthly fee for all hosting and support.
- Gold-Certified Dedicated Support Team
- Our experts specialize in the software you need.
How do I know what SaaS solution is right for my business?
When making the choice between On Premise Products and On-Demand Solutions, business and I.T. decision-makers should use the following questions to determine which is best suited to meet the needs of their organization:
- Do you have the financial resources to withstand the upfront capital costs of acquiring the hardware and software to support your business requirements?
- Do you have the internal skills to select the right hardware and software to meet your business objectives?
- Do you have sufficient resources to successfully deploy and keep your hardware and software up and running?
- Do you know if you are getting the best performance and greatest value from your hardware and software investments?
- Do you have the expertise and experience to combat today's escalating security threats?
- Would you rather focus your limited financial and staff resources on your core business?
Free SaaS Consultation
Tell us your specific needs and our consulting experts will define the best on-demand software to give you the right mix of features and flexibility for collaboration & communication within your organization.Get your FREE SaaS Consultation
Who uses Software as a Service?
Everyone! For example, most individuals have Webmail accounts with a major email provider like Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail. Millions of individuals also have blogs hosted on sites like Blogger.com, Wordpress.com and more.
With SaaS applications, all software and data you add is stored remotely on the host’s servers, which can be accessed from any computer. SaaS has made it possible for individuals to check their email, update their blog and even collaborate with their organization from any computer with Internet access, worldwide.
For more information on SaaS applications, visit our SaaS Frequently Asked Questions page.
What applications can be hosted?:
More professional and robust applications, such as collaboration tools like SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010 and hosted MOSS are sold as SaaS with a subscription-based fee. Exchange Hosting and CRM software like Microsoft® Dynamics CRM are also popular since they make it easier to communicate for business. These hosted applications come fully-equipped with advantages, such as on-demand software upgrades, support and ongoing maintenance.
Contact us for a free SaaS consultation