Frequently Asked Questions about Cloud Hosting
Click on a question to view the answer:
- Why should I consider Cloud Hosting?
- What are the benefits of Cloud Hosting?
- Who or what is not suited for Cloud Hosting?
- How does Cloud Hosting Function?
- How do you ensure my data is secure in the SharePoint Cloud?
- What is the difference between "Cloud Hosting" and "SaaS"?
- How can I integrate corporate applications into Fpweb.net Cloud hosting?
- How do costs compare between SharePoint Hosting in the Cloud and hosting Services in-house?
- Big companies can invest so much more on their Cloud technology… How can I possibly compete with them as a small business owner?
Q: Why should I consider Cloud Hosting?
Thousands of companies worldwide are moving their solutions from in-house to Enterprise Cloud Hosting solutions. This has enabled businesses large and small to reap the benefits of professionally hosted services.
Q: What are the benefits of Cloud Hosting?
1. Lessen IT Burden - Your IT staff will never be burdened with performing complex upgrade and maintenance procedures. This can shave hours off extended schedules by eliminating time on the job tackling problems without dedicated support. Your IT staff can work regular hours resulting in less stress, increased productivity and more time to share with their families. With Fpweb.net's SharePoint Cloud, you make one phone call to our Microsoft® Gold Certified Engineers and we are prepared to face your challenges. Talk about peace of mind. You can rest assured that your business critical data is in good hands.
2. Extremely Efficient & Highly Scalable Solutions - Work efficiently without cumbersome hardware and software maintenance. Access your SharePoint systems remotely without installing software on each of your individual PCs. Plus, you'll never have to shuffle data across multiple networks or systems. It's all easily accessible: anytime, anywhere from any computer with an Internet connection. Most importantly, make sure your getting the features you need. For increased efficiency, we can scale your SharePoint Cloud solution up or down as necessary to meet your ever-changing requirements.
3. Reduced Cost - Hate those huge upfront IT costs? Fpweb.net's SharePoint Cloud is the answer. You won't have to empty your wallet to get your hosted software solution up and running. Instead, you'll pay a fixed low monthly fee that's easy on your budget. Forget those hidden fees and surprise costs for expensive hardware, software upgrades or a specialized staff to manage the solution. We take care of everything for you.
Q: Who or what is not suited for Cloud Hosting?
Fpweb.net provides Cloud Hosting solutions for Microsoft® applications such as SharePoint, Exchange, PerformancePoint Server, Office Communications Server, SQL Server and more. However, there are situations where certain application uses are not well suited for a Cloud Hosting environment. For instance, collaborating large multimedia formats, such as Gigabyte sized media files, may be slow or inefficient to network over an Internet connection.
Q: How does Cloud Hosting Function?
Cloud Hosting can apply to any number of applications – but the one thing all Cloud Hosting Solutions have in common is that the data is stored in a centralized location, on a centralized server.
In the case of most Applications, it will function through a Web Browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It could also be a desktop application that speaks directly with a Web server over the Internet and synchronizes with it, such as Mobile Exchange Devices syncing to a hosted Exchange Server .
Q: How do you ensure my data is secure in the SharePoint Cloud?
Since your information is stored with us, we are responsible for providing the best security possible for your data. Our state-of-the-art SSAE 16 SOC I Type II Certified data centers meet most industry compliance standards required for hosted applications. Please review our list of hosting compliance standards
Cloud Hosting offers a great advantage when it comes to security. When making the decision between hosting In-house and Cloud Hosting, the question you should ask is, “Can we ensure our own security?” If the answer is “no” or you are concerned by the complexities behind the compliance standards you require, please give us a call and let us know your needs. We can work with you to provide a Cloud Hosting solution that meets your specific security standards.
Q: What is the difference between "Cloud Computing" and "SaaS"?
They're simply different terminology. "Cloud Hosting" is the newest term for the same technology. Many companies use "Software as a Service" when referring to this concept for business use or specifically, in reference to Microsoft® Hosted applications. Fpweb.net's version of a hosted cloud computing solution with SharePoint has been branded Fpweb.net's SharePoint Cloud.
Q: How do costs compare between SharePoint Cloud Hosting and hosting Services in-house?
As a Cloud Hosting provider, Fpweb.net has completed an estimated cost-savings analysis for hosting IT "In-house" vs. Cloud Hosting. Please visit these pages for more detailed information, or contact us directly for a free consultation at 866.780.4678.
Q: Big companies can invest so much more on their Cloud Hosting technology. How can I possibly compete with them as a small business owner?
Fpweb.net provides service levels affordable across the whole spectrum of business size. Whether you're a one-man shop looking for an entry level solution or a corporate enterprise seeking a large-scale server farm, we are dedicated to providing consistent and expert-level service at a predictable cost.
As yet another advantage of Fpweb.net's SharePoint Cloud, regardless of your size, you will receive exceptional support from Fpweb.net's Microsoft® Gold Certified IT engineering staff. You can expect Fortune 500 IT support, even on a SMB budget.
As a small business owner, you gain numerous advantages with SharePoint as a Service. Imagine a single, predictable cost without expensive upgrades or hidden fees. You will receive simple, straightforward collaboration tools that improve your internal operations.