SharePoint 2013 Server Features
SharePoint 2013 allows you to open and edit Microsoft Office 2013 documents and also offers an enterprise project portfolio management solution.
Office Web Apps Features
Office Web Apps Server lets you open and edit Office 2013 documents like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote in your web browser. The revamped Office Web Apps Server is its own server product and can't be installed on a server running any other Microsoft Server product.
Benefits of Utilizing Office Web Apps Server:
- Open office documents from any device including Windows 8 and iOS tablets.
- Available on SkyDrive for viewing and editing your documents in the cloud.
- Touch Device compatible
- Coauthoring Enabled
- Improved document load times
Project Server Features
Project Server 2013, built on SharePoint Server 2013, offers an enterprise project portfolio management solution. Tight integration with Office 2013 and Exchange Server for project collaboration and resource scheduling make this an intriguing option for project managers.
Additional Features of Project Server 2013:
- Build a project schedule and resource allocation in the Project Pro 2013 client application, and then publish it to SharePoint Server 2013
- Improved demand management workflows allow organizations to collect "demand" for project ideas, prioritize and execute them
- Touch-enabled mobile access to project data for Windows Phone 7.5+, Apple iPhone, and Android devices
- Rollup views of project statuses for the C level executives in your organization
- Tasks and Calendars are now rolled up from Exchange, Project, and SharePoint into your personal Mysite