Microsoft® Expression Web Support Archives
FrontPage 2003 is no longer supported for Fpweb.net managed hosting clients. However, we continue to offer online help & support resources for Microsoft® FrontPage in our expansive Support Achive.
Migrating from Microsoft® FrontPage to Expression Web
Time to Switch
After ten years of being an award-winning Web authoring tool, FrontPage has been discontinued. It is not longer compatible with Microsoft’s latest technology and is causing users a lot of problems.
As a result, Fpweb.net is asking you to make the switch to a new design program. But, don’t panic. We are here to help.
- Converting to Expression Web from FrontPage
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Expression Web & Coffee Cup Tutorials
- Microsoft’ Full Support Explanation
By using a new Web design program
- Your site will be compatible with new Microsoft® technologies.
- Fpweb.net will be able to support your Website more effectively.
- Extension issues will be eliminated, leaving your site functioning better.
- Your site will be faster, more secure, and more compliant with today’s internet technology.
- All of your website visitors will be able to access your site using any browser. Currently sites developed using FrontPage do cause issues in certain popular browsers.
Which Web design tool is right for me?
FrontPage is no longer supported.
Coffee Cup web design software is great for beginners because it has a great selection of professional templates, so new users will not have to learn how to design them. It is very user friendly and easy to use and lets you edit your site in Preview/design mode instead of having to write inside the code.
Expression Web will look familiar to FrontPage users because many of the dialogs are similar or identical and some of the techniques are exactly the same. It has also added several great, new features that web designers have been asking for.
Make the switch
Important things to note:
- New folder required
Your new website pages will need to be placed in the httpdocs directory.
- You MUST publish your site to the httpdocs directory.
- FrontPage Extensions will not work
You will need to use a different FTP agent to upload your site
- You can use
ftp://yoursitenamein a standard IE address bar and it will work
- You can also use a Firefox plugin called FireFTP that works right in your browser.
- You can use
- Your FrontPage forms will not work
If you have a “contact us” form on your site or something similar, you will need to recreate these using your new web design tool.
You will need to re upload your site to the new server to resolve any link issues you may have.
- Update DB Info
You will need to modify your connection string with the data provided to you following you migration performed by the Fpweb.net team. This data will be sent to you in the same email that contains your new login credentials.