How to create a SharePoint Wiki or Blog
SharePoint comes with a number of pre-installed Workspaces you can easily activate within the SharePoint interface. Among these are Wikis and Blogs. A wiki is useful tool for brainstorming and collaboration, designed to compile detailed descriptions, information, links, and images. A blog is similar to an online journal, where a user can post ideas, observations, stories or expertise on which others can comment. Below you will find instructions on how to create either a wiki or blog on your SharePoint site.
- Log into SharePoint as a user with Administrator privileges
- Click Site Actions and then click Create
- Under Web Pages click Sites and Workspaces
- Enter the Title, Description, and URL for your Wiki or Blog
- Choose a Wiki, Blog, or any other template that catches your fancy.
- Fill out the rest of your preferences for the navigation and functionality.
- Finish entering your preferences and click Create.