Installing Web Parts in SharePoint Portal 2003
Fpweb.net no longer supports SharePoint Portal Server (a.k.a. SharePoint 2001 & SharePoint 2003 editions). However, we continue to main a Support Archive of online help resources & support articles.
To install Web Parts created by Microsoft:
- Click on the Web Part link to download. The links to Microsoft® Web Parts will call up a self-executing zipped file.
- A download dialogue box will appear, asking whether you want to run the application from its existing location or save it.
- Select "Run this Program from its current location."
- Select "Yes" to agree to the security warning. All Microsoft Web Parts have been certified by Microsoft® for the safety of its content.
- Unzip the Web Part file to a desired location.
- Import into SharePoint Portal Server. From your dashboard, select Content -> Import a Web Part File. Browse and select the Web Part file, which will have a ".dwp" file extension. Subdirectory files will automatically import with the Web Part.
Note If you change the file location of the Web Part before importing into a digital dashboard, you must move all related subdirectory files with the .dwp file.
Fpweb provides Free SharePoint Web Parts with all Sharepoint hosting services.