If you are one of the lucky community members who received a free SharePoint 2010 Foundation site, but are having trouble adding the Fpweb.net affiliation badge, I hope to help walk you through the process.
1. You should have received an email linking to a page on our website, which generates your embedded badge script. You must use the link in the email as it includes your unique affiliate ID.
2. Select your preferred badge size from the drop down. For this example, we will use the 300×60 badge.
4. Fire up SharePoint Designer 2010.
5. Open your site using your site collection administrator credentials.
6. Select “Master Pages” from the Site Objects pane.
7. In the Master Pages tab that opens, right click on “v4.master” and select “Check Out”
8. You should see a green checkmark next to the master page indicating that it is checked out to you. Click on “v4.master”.
9. Then click on “Edit File” in the customization section.
10. Locate the table cell with the class “s4-soicaldata-notif”.
12. After a little tabbing cleanup, the table cell code should look like this:
13. Click the Save icon on the top left of the application.
14. Click on the Master Pages icon on the Site Objects menu.
15. Locate and right click > “Check In” on the v4.master.
16. Give the version a description such as “Added the Fpweb.net badge” and click OK.
17. Now browse to your SharePoint site in your browser of choice and click refresh. Now you should see something similar to this:
This walk-though showed you how to add the 300×60 Fpweb.net affiliation badge to your v4.master master page. Make sure that you check out and version the master page in case you have to roll back to a previous version at any time. I hope that this clarified the setup, but feel free to send us an email at [email protected] if you have any further questions. We look forward to working with you!