Water Your Blog; Grow Your Business

Blogging grows your businessFor some companies, blogging is a way of life.

Chances are, it’s not because they like the sound of their own voice. Nowadays, more and more businesses are publishing unique content like how to’s and tips and tricks through their blogs to create an additional avenue to reach customers. They see the importance and the value that it adds to their bottom line. Maybe they have a dedicated in-house copywriter that produces the content or perhaps they’re outsourcing to a professional. Either way, they’re doing it and it’s making a difference.

But there are plenty of organizations that still don’t see the value in blogging. Maybe they think it’s not worth the money spent. Maybe they don’t know enough about blogging or just don’t care because they’re too focused on making money. (What they don’t know is that blogging can easily help grow their business and bring in some serious cash.) For whatever reason, some companies aren’t blogging… but they need to be.

It doesn’t matter if you have a static or dynamic website or if you have a front-facing website built out in SharePoint or even if you’re using Sitecore’s customer experience management software, etc., a blog can be added to any type of website.

TLDR: Your company needs a blog.

That’s the bottom line. If you don’t have the budget for blogging, start making it a priority and make it part of your budget. In the meantime, find a way to get your team involved in contributing to a blogging editorial calendar so you can start publishing content. If you are more focused with sales and trying to make money, you need to put some attention to blogging, as it can have a great domino effect that takes web traffic and ultimately potentially turns it into new customers and more money in your pocket. If you don’t see the value of blogging, here is a nice list of reasons why you’re wrong and blogging can do wonders for your business.


126% more lead growth

According to HubSpot, an inbound marketing and sales platform, small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth compared to small businesses that don’t blog. That’s more than double! Spending just a little bit of time and money, relatively speaking, to grab more than double the amount of leads should seem like a no-brainer.

434% more indexed pages

On average, websites that feature a blog have 434% more indexed pages on search engines compared to websites without a blog (HubSpot again). The more pages that search engines index, the better. Just think, if you’re blogging and your competition isn’t, the chances of someone finding one of your pages over the competition is four times greater!

61% made a purchase

BlogHer, a trending social media guide, says that 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations they read in a blog. If you’re not blogging, you could be missing out on those recommendations and even more importantly, missing out on that 61%.

33% of B2B companies use blogs

This news comes from InsideView, a marketing intelligence platform. If only 33% of B2B companies use blogs, that leaves the other 67% wishing they had more business. Be part of 33% and enjoy the possibility of more web traffic, more leads, more qualified leads and more customers.

60% feel more positive

Content Plus, a content marketing agency, says that 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site. With so much competition out there, people might have quite a few options they can go with. Why should they go with you? A blog gives you the opportunity to be part of the conversation. If blogs can cause 60% of customers to feel more positive about a company, that company might as well be yours.

Time to get blogging!

We’re all in business for different reasons, but the primary reason is to make money. It’s in your best interest to utilize all the possible knowledge and tools available to give you an edge on the competition. You (hopefully) already have a budget for necessary tools like marketing material such as a website, flyers, brochures and business cards. Be sure to add a blog to that list of necessary marketing materials that can make your business grow.

2015-04-03T09:00:03+00:00 April 3rd, 2015|

Leave A Comment