St. Louis – Managed Services Manager
Fantastic opportunity for a curious leader to help grow internal KBs, shape the careers of a robust staff, and transform clients into promoters. This professional will help steer the company’s hub of operations as it continues to scale with the booming cloud and cybersecurity industry.
As the Manager of Managed Services, you are responsible for the success of delivering the managed services offerings and providing the Absolute Support® our customers recognize in Fpweb. You must possess a background and hands-on experience with building, deploying, and operating small and large enterprise services; chiefly, establishing site-to-site VPNs, the setup of directory services, and configuration of collaboration products based upon the Microsoft technology stack.
You need to have a desire to understand the business strategy of our customers and use that knowledge to drive the success of the managed services programs. You will be involved in all phases of a project. This includes working with sales on quoting and architecture, working with the client and build teams throughout implementation, and working with the client and billing teams for a successful hand-off. Client satisfaction throughout the service lifecycle and quarter over quarter increasing consumption will be a key metrics.
- Reports to VP of Technology
- Supervises Managed Services Team
- Work with sales and clients to architect server environments
- On-premises builds, migrations, upgrades
- Public, Private, Hybrid Cloud integration, management, security
- Assist sales with quoting and architecture diagrams
- Join sales calls as technical resource
- Be a leader for the team in the following technologies
- Virtual private networks setup
- SharePoint migrations
- Exchange migrations
- O365 plans, setup, configuration, migration
- Public clouds
- Train internal teams and customers on all technology offerings
- Escalation point for support teams
- Manager of Managed Services
- Create consumption, client satisfaction and other key metric reporting
- R&D for new product offerings
- Communicate with customers to drive utilization of services
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position: Desktop/laptop and related software, phone, printer, coffee machine
- On-The-Job Training Time: 60-90 days to become proficient
- Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Primarily normal office conditions; occasional exposure to weather conditions, dirt, dust, noise and physical hazards. The noise level is usually moderate. Position requires approximately 5% travel.
- Driving Requirement: Driving personally owned vehicles commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. It is the policy of Fpweb that employees who drive their personal vehicles for company purposes and who average over 250 miles per month are required to have a valid state driver’s license and carry adequate auto insurance coverage and limits determined by our insurance carrier. At a minimum, drivers must have $100,000/300,000/100,000 coverage. A copy of the employee’s insurance card and verification of proper limits will be obtained annually.
At Fpweb, we believe that the kind of office culture that provides you a challenge and an inspired outlet for creativity has a direct result on our clients’ satisfaction. So, to be the premier managed cloud service provider, we focus on fostering a happy place for you to thrive. We’re always looking out for talented professionals to help in sales, marketing, engineering, development, and security. You can move quickly through the ranks here, or pivot into a new area of interest. You control your destiny and will make a difference each day as a member of our team.
Besides medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance we also provide:
- Starbucks iCup Bean-Grinded Coffee Machine (and all the Starbucks you can drink)
- Kindles for all (and all the free Harry Potter or coding books you want)
- Healthy snacks (and occasionally donuts)
- Dogs in the office (cats in the datacenter)
- Gym membership (near your home or by the office)
- Fun monthly events (get to know your team)
- No morning meetings (so you can get stuff done!)
- Tuition assistance (knowledge is power)
- Free parking (to park your ride, not the payout in Monopoly)